[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GAITING

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: Janandmort@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:55:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2009 3:51:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
janandmort@xxxxxxx writes:
If I may  add to the discussion of gait-- specifically the walk which I
personally feel  is very important.
The natural gaits of the German Shepherd Dog are walk,  trot and gallop and
the pace which I include in the walk.?
When I judge I  like to see the dog walk and slow trot and do not stress
the extremely fast  trot which is so popular today--perhaps one turn around
the ring at a "faster  trot" but not the racing that we so often see.

That is not a natural  gait!!!

The walk is important as it show many gaiting positives  regarding length
of step and proper timing of the gait and use of the  hindquarter power as
well as the strength of the middle piece to transmit this  power from the rear
to the forehand.

To repeat myself and draw an  analogy from the auto-- the rear is the
engine, the back the transmission and  front is the steering mechanism.

Thanks,

Morton  Goldfarb

With all due respect Morton all of this can be observed in a nice easy,
loose lead gait.  At least it is for me.

Randy
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JulystepsfooterNO62)