[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GAITING

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Janandmort@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:31:32 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2009 6:01:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
janandmort@xxxxxxx writes:
In  all fairness the stand picture usually translates into the motion that
you see but exceptions exist. I could expound on the subject but too  much
time ?and space.

Go ahead and expound.  Obviously, when on the list we  have time on our
hands.

judging attitude, I have to add something else.  As  Kathy mentioned, if
people are seeing the faults, why are the backs and  hocks getting a bit worse
in some lines.
For those students of the breed, if you watch that walking  dog you may
just learn something you cannot see in the runner.   Runners LOOK exciting and
people get taken up in the illusion of ground  covering movement.  Gaiting
dogs are those that can do it in an  effortless manner at any speed because
they also have suspension.   Many of the top winners today are lacking
suspension.  Another thing  in the breed that is undeniable  when present.  And
suspended  dog can move with follow through at any speed.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"Wisdom is the result of a  lifetime of  listening"..unknown