[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GAITING

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: AGray40366@xxxxxxx, Janandmort@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:40:44 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2009 4:34:15 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
AGray40366@xxxxxxx writes:

I  appreciate your position, although while I do not consider scrambling
and
tearing around the ring a correct trot, I do believe in LOOSE LEAD is the
best  way for me to evaluate movement. They can  go one at time  if the
ring
is too small. I tend to take the standard at it's word:  "At a walk it
covers a  great deal of ground, with long stride of  both hind legs and
forelegs.
At a trot the dog covers still more  ground with even  longer stide and
moves powerfully but easily with  coordination and  balance so that the
gait
appears to be the steady  motion of a well lubricated  machine (the car
thing
again I  guess)......The hindquarters deliver through the  back a powerful
forward thrust which slightly lifts the whole animal drives the  body
forward.
Reaching far under and passing the imprint left by the front  foot  the
hind
foot take hold of the ground then hock stifle and  upper thigh come into
play
and sweep back the stroke of the hind leg  finishing with the foot still
close to the ground in a smooth follow  through."
Gosh, how beautiful is that? A correctly moving gsd is work of  art. A four

point gait can be seen in any other breed, I don't want  bird dogs I want
german  shepherd dogs, with flying trot and that  doesn't mean speed, it
means:
The  hindquarters deliver through the  back a powerful forward thrust which
slightly  lifts the whole animal  drives the body forward. " Ann GrayI call
that
suspension, but  what  do I know?

**************Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy  recipes for the

You know a lot lady, where are you judging again?  It hard to find  many
judges who reward movement these days.

Randy
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585087x1201462804/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=