[ SHOWGSD-L ] GAITING

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 12:19:33 EDT

VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
You all  have heard us ole'  timers talk about how the
judges  use to  start an dogs walking. sit down  and turn away,and the dogs
would  walk & walk,until the judges told you to  stop. The dogs sure got
warmed up for the real gaiting

Years ago, (as a matter of fact it was 1979), I was handling a dog for
Alphonse and Krista Ertelt.  We started to gait and after about five times
around, the judge called me to the center of the ring to stand next to him. I
had no idea what was going on, but as I stood there, he told the rest of the
 class to keep going. It was a class of about 25 or so.

I stood next to the judge and watched, and they all kept going. After about
 another ten laps he leaned over to me and said, "Do you see anything else
you  like there?"  I was amazed, and looked them over, and said I sort of
liked  Raul's dog, so he pulled  Raul out to stand with us in the middle,
while  the rest went round and round.  After about 30 laps, and after he pulled

Bob Penny and another dog who I don't remember, we had four, so he put us
back  in line and called off the class. All that time the rest of the class
kept  running.

I won the class with Yaudo.  I don't remember if I won the points or  not.

That was my first judging assignment.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/