[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Members

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:21:37 -0700

> I am not worried about our club or our membership.  Do right and you
> have
> nothing to regret. I have been asked for advice from many members
> over the
> years. I have always said the same thing. If you do nothing wrong,
> you have
> nothing to worry about.  Treat others with respect, ignore those who
> do
> nothing but criticize, and always consider the rights of others.
>
> Evan L.  Ginsburg

My daddy used to tell me to never put yourself in a place that you
have to remember what you said. Meaning, if you tell the truth, you
never have to remember.....

I agree with Evan in general but I also know that not everyone has the
same sense of reason and truth that I do, and they may even be sincere
in their different view. I've been sued, not because I deserved to be
but because someone thought I should be. I police work I got sued
regularly by those who thought they should not have gone to jail, but
then I won every case and they stayed in jail, so I am OK with that.

I was almost sued by my wife's former partner for irregularities in
the company books, until their lawyer understood that they kept the
books and made the entries. No, it was illogical and passion driven.
But such are most of those exceptions to the rule "do no harm and you
won't get sued.' Those exceptions have their own rules, 'do no harm
and you may get sued anyway because someone is mad as hell and has to
get someone besides facing themselves.'

That's my take on life....
Sometimes it is unfair, and sometimes no one is at fault.
Dave