[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Members

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:04:35 -0400

I just came back from a fun filled, beautiful family wedding in Mobile AL, I
have to tell you these Southern Folks know how to eat, drink, dance and just
party!!!  I am sleep deprived. and my feet are sore from dancing in high heels,
but it was WORTH IT!!!.
I am saddened to come home and find, yet again, a major conflict among our
members. My message to all of all of you is simple and to the point.

Through the honor of being elected to serve all of you, The Members of the GSDC
of America, I have come to know many dedicated and very fine people who have
served with me.   The West Coast folks; Carolyn Martello, Dalene McIntire,
David Fritche, Nadine Grady, Tom Mesdag,  are all outstanding people who have
the welfare of our breed next to their hearts. While Kathleen served she worked
VERY hard.  Those I knew before such as Dania Karloff, Tish Walker, Bart
Bartley, Helen Gleason, Gail, Carmen, Lanalee
and God Rest her Soul Laurie, are all hard workers who care deeply, all the
Board Members included, AND  I must mention Paul Root, who made a mistake in
judgment, and then ACCEPTED the consequences like the man he is.

I am taking a stand to defend my CURRENT and PAST fellow Directors who have
dedicated & continue to dedicate countless hours in the service of this Club.
Spending out of pocket money to travel, hours in airports, long hours in
meetings trying their damnedest to make headway for our Breed.  I find it a
very difficult pill to swallow to read that members of this organization could
actually believe that the ENTIRE BOARD, ALL OF THEM, would with malice and
forethought,  set about deliberately to attack or bring down  another Board
Member.  Why would they do that?  Please point out to me what personal gains
any Board Member has garnered.  It is far from easy to take a stand on
difficult issues KNOWING there will be a backlash.  Your Board has exhibited
courage only to be criticized, I hope my a small majority.

I hope everyone will have more confidence in their Directors by knowing that
AKC New York conducted a second investigation AFTER a letter from them
contained errors. A conflict of interest was upheld BECAUSE the "business
agreement" between handler and judge took place BEFORE judging of the Futurity,
this is not up to question, the paper trail is quite clear.  Sincere
suggestions and advise were given which MIGHT  have resulted in a reduction of
the suspension time as the circumstances were somewhat different from another
Futurity which resulted in penalties. This offer to help and the advise were
rejected.   Don't misunderstand, in both Futurities,  AKC declared a "conflict
of interest" occurred.   .

It is my sincere hope that the membership understands and realizes exactly what
Gail has stated previously.  We will NOT be able to find qualified members who
are long time members, with knowledge, integrity, and background willing to
serve, unless we seek correct answers BEFORE jumping to conclusions & begin to
accuse Board Members of attacking and having personal vendettas.   There remain
some who for whatever reason(s) from the past continue to "stir the pot".
Members think for yourselves, call a Board Member ASK before you believe WHAT
YOU READ.

Best to all of you, we will have a wonderful National in Ohio.

Nancy Harper