[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board Members

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 14:05:50 -0700

> I think it's kind of hilarious......now everyone is so confused
> about who
> said what on which list....leave it to us.  "MY list is better than
> YOUR
> list".....
>   I hate us sometimes....as a species, I mean.  Can't we ever just
> focus
> on what is important and let the egos go for awhile?  Our dogs would
> never
> get into these kinds of petty tirades.
>   I think I will deliberately cross-post this so I won't have to
> write it
> twice.  <VEG>
> (Waiting for Dania to slap me.)
> Jamie
Jamie, I love you!!! The best post of the week!

Fragile egos we have for sure! Reminds me of an old story....

There's an old story about an outgoing pastor who had served the
congregation through some volatile years. The new pastor arrived at
the church and his predecessor took him aside as he came into his new
office to unpack his things and told him that he would only give him
one brief piece of advice. He said that he had written three letters,
numbering each, and placed them in the church safe. He instructed the
new pastor that he should wait until there was a really bad crisis in
the church and then go to the safe and take out the first letter, read
it and follow the advice. He was to do this each time until all
letters were opened and read, but only one letter per crisis.
Time went by and sure enough, the congregation erupted into
squabbling, blaming and a major upheaval. So the pastor went to the
safe and took out the envelope marked #1. Opening it he read, "Go
before the congregation this coming Sunday and blame the trouble on
me, your predecessor. They will join you in blaming me and things will
settle down for a while. So, he did as the letter instructed and sure
enough, things settled down.

Before long however, another issue arose and the pastor was again
under fire and his leadership challenged, so remembering the letters
he went to the safe and took out the envelope marked #2. Opening it he
read, "Take responsibility for the problems. You can't blame me any
longer, so go before the congregation and confess your failures of
leadership and promise to do better. As instructed, he did as told and
sure enough, the people cried with him over the problems and their
blaming and they all had a pot luck dinner after church and things
settled down.

But, alas, as predicted by the former pastor, a third crisis arose and
many in the church wanted to get rid of the pastor, so he went to the
safe to retrieve the third and final letter, hoping that it would once
and for all, provide advice that would solve the problems. Opening the
last envelope he read, "Write three letters."

As I read the posts about who is suing whom and why and what we should
do about it and who is to blame and cross posting and.... I think I
shall write three letters. They will be available to anyone who runs
for the board in my place. I will be setting this election out!

Dave