[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] Board Members

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <f.fasano@xxxxxxx>, <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gsdchablis@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:29:40 -0700

Re-incorporate in Nevada.
Nevada statutes provide that members of a board of directors, acting in good
faith, in the performance of their duties are not personally liable. Several
law suits have tried to penetrate this shield but have failed. Only illegal
activity is not shielded.
Dave

  I think we need to smarten up and figure out a way to protect our board
members from being sued. Other clubs have protection for their boards, it takes
us 3 times?of board members having lawsuits brought against them, when they are
carrying out the rules and regulations which are the same for everybody.
  ?Cindy