[ SHOWGSD-L ] Board Members

  • From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:34:42 -0400

How about everyone being ever so grateful to those who are willing to serve on
the board? We put a lot of responsibility on these people and often seem to
forget to say "thank you" for all of their work. It is so easy to criticize and
sometimes so difficult to praise. We shouldn't expect everyone to agree with
what is done by the board but sometimes seem to neglect contacting board
members when we have praise or questions, or...suggestions. I speak casually
about all of this but, on reflection, I often forget to do these things myself.
There really is nothing wrong with constructive criticism or with disagreement
with policies, as long as these things are sprinkled with thank yous and the
words sent with smiles. We all, and yes, I as well, need to remember that they
serve at our pleasure and we need to have involvement and to know how to praise
as well as suggest.

Enough from me.

Janice Stevenson
Marietta, New York