[riscos-printing] Re: New printer for Iyonix.

  • From: Colin Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:33:17 +0100

In message <2e531bfc4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <32d119fc4e.Colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Colin Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ive just sent this and tried printing again   -    getting a NEW error
>> message
>> This application requires at least version 1.07 of the
>> SharedUnixLibrary module
>
> Aha - that gives us a clue. Yes, that might explain the error.
>
> Have you installed the SharedUnixLibrary module as per the Gutenprint
> installation instructions? You should have a copy of this module in
> !Boot.Resources.!System.310.Modules.SharedULib
>
> Try double-clicking on it, type
> *Help SharedUnix.
> in a TaskWindow to check its version - it should be 1.09, but in any
> case at least 1.07. Then try printing.
>
> Martin
I am shortly going on holiday, so will have to continue the saga in
August. Suffice it to say that I CAN print, though it is desperately
desperately slow. I did not have SharedULib in the modules, though now
I have. Iyonix does not, however, always recognise it, so I have to
click on it every time I re-boot. Nor can I increase the resolution or
I get the "not enough  memory" error and if I'm using Impression
Style, the computer hangs up, and I have to start again. I shall try
printing from other applications
--
Colin