[riscos-printing] Re: New printer for Iyonix.

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:55:24 +0100

In article <822b92fb4e.Colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Colin
Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4efb77b2f5Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Ian Hamilton
>           <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <809c38fb4e.Colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Colin
> >    Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > [Snip] Problems getting RX700 recognised.

[Snip]

> > This just confirms it's the cabling at fault.

> OK I'm nearly there  ! Though I had previously plugged into the Panther
> direct not through the hub, I did so at your bidding and it is now
> recognised  -  and WILL  scan.

Good.

> However, when I try to print an Impression document I get the error
> message that "Area of memory reserved for re-locatable modules is full
> [print cancelled]", even when I have just re-booted.

I'm not sure at which stage you are seeing this message at but try
setting the max size of Aemulor dynamic areas to 0 (no limit - Config
from iconbar menu).

> There is the same error if I use Writer+.

I assume that's a 32bit version. The error means there is insufficient
'RMA' module area memory but this shouldn't really happen. What does
'*Status RMASize' say? If it's zero then try '*Configure RMASize 508K'
and reboot.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5