[riscos-printing] Re: New printer for Iyonix.

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:27:44 +0100

In article <f6a3f1f94e.Colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Colin
Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am feeling very silly, as I am sure I resolved this before, last
> time I changed printers. I've just bought an Epson Stylus Photo RX700
> in order to be able to scan, and also to replace an old HP photocopier
> and an Epson Stylus Photo 915.

You'll need !MFPxEpson for scanning. Please email me to let me know if it
works correctly as I haven't received any feedback on that model.

> I remember last time I changed printers, the new printer came up as a
> Parallel connection when I loaded it in !Printers. When I "install new
> printer" the RX700 also comes up as Parallel connnection. When I click
> on Connections the only ones I can access are Parallel, Serial and
> File, the USB is not in black, and does not respond.

Set it to 'Parallel' and run !PrtSet2USB from my website (see sig.).

HTH,
Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5