[riscos-printing] Re: New printer for Iyonix.

  • From: Colin Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:18:16 +0100

In message <4efb77b2f5Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <809c38fb4e.Colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Colin Pritchard <colin.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [Snip] Problems getting RX700 recognised.
>
> The main problem is with the way you are connecting the printer to the
> Iyonix because it isn't being recognised at all. Until this is sorted
> neither printing or scanning will work. Try connecting the printer to one
> of the Iyonix sockets rather than the USB hub.
>
>> This is Settings
>> fv: 1
>> cl: dp:2
>> nm: Epson Stylus Photo RX700**
>> ct: 16_1                         *************
>> bd: 16_74000004
>> ft: 16_4
>> et:
>> fl:
>> ns:
>> np:
>> nu:
>> no:
>> uv: 16_0                         *************
>> up: 16_0                         *************
>
> [Snip]
>
> You have two definitions set up. If you want to manually alter it (not
> recommended) then change both sets to :-
>
> ct: 16_D
>
> uv: 16_4B8
> up: 16_810
>
> It would be better to fix the connection and run !PrtSet2USB (with the
> printer switched on) because it still won't print until the Iyonix can
> see the printer.
>
>> USBKick states 'Complete - O.K.'.  The RX700 works perfectly well from
>> the PC laptop, printing and scanning !
>
> This just confirms it's the cabling at fault.
OK I'm nearly there  !
Though I had previously plugged into the Panther direct not through
the hub, I did so at your bidding and it is now recognised  -  and
WILL  scan.
However, when I try to print an Impression document I get the error
message that "Area of memory reserved for re-locatable modules is full
[print cancelled]", even when I have just re-booted. There is the same
error if I use Writer+.
--
Colin