[riscos-printing] Re: New printer for Iyonix.

  • From: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:31:04 +1200

On 18 May, Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd choose a printer that is known to work with a GutenPrint driver.

Whenever I showed that list of supported printers at a shop they
mostly commented that they were a little long in the tooth. It was not
easy finding a printer that appeared on the list and was currently
available, as the model nos given on the list don't give any
indication as to the type of printer (A3, Multi, etc) or their
price.

So I, who was in the market following a disastrous problem with a
2nd-hand Epson 830U, settled on a new Epson stylus photo R800 8-col at
$NZ585 (GBP216).

I'd like to make contact with other R800 owners to compare notes on
settings/papers.

I'm actually stumped as to how to organise a print setting to do b+w
prints with strong blacks as well as all the ranges of greys.

Brian

--
Auckland NEW ZEALAND