[python] Re: (no subject)

  • From: George Durbridge <gdurbrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:50:32 +1100

Rhysiart,

This proposal is sensible.  Probably the really hard thing about
learning to ride a Python is having to acquire several new skills, and
unlearn several old skills about upright bikes, all at the same time.
Getting used to centre-steer before having to learn to balance the
Python may break up the experience into more manageable chunks.  Is
there any chance of your borrowing a front-steering low racer, to
practice balancing without centre-steer?

Unless you plan to hurtle around corners at high speed, a tilting
mechanism may be more complication than it is worth.  Does anyone know
anything about the tilting mechanism used in the Piaggio MP3?  It is
described as using a parallelogram linkage to support two steering tubes
- the tubes (half-forks) are visible, but the parallelogram is hidden by
the bodywork.

On a non-tilting Pythonesque trike, see Esko Meriluoto's site: lots of
design detail and lots of information about his experiences with the
prototypes over a long period.

http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/davinci/osa5eng.html

George