[python]

  • From: Howard Stevens <hstevens94@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:23:13 -0500

Hullo Sprocket scientists!
Yes Dirk, it is very easy for me to change the pivot angle because the pivot
is attached to a rotating bar which is part of the folding system.  Reducing
the angle however lowers the seat level and makes it look rather weird!
That is why I wanted to get this right before I do the final build.  You
asked for photos or drawings and now I have to show my ignorance....I don't
know how to post a link!?? I'll try to send to your email.   I haven't
noticed any tendency for wheel flop at all when turning, so it looks like I
have the balance between flop and centreing correct.   I thought your
explanations of why the PX5 type bikes can have PSI was interesting, but I
think this would be much less with a trike, because of the stability of the
rear end.
Thanks George for your comments.  I knew of Dirks graphs but I didn't know
that Esko's trike had a pivot angle of 53.1 degrees too...how the hell does
he even measure that!. It seems that a trikes "sweet spot" might be around
that figure...it certainly was very conclusively so for my trike!
Cheers all, Howard