[no subject]

  • From: "dirk@xxxxxxxxxx" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:24:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Patrick,

just to understand your routing completely: the rocker arm with its screws/bolts
on either side does not see any relative rope movement, it is just the middle
bolt(?) (on the central frame, not seen in the picture) where the strings moves
around when leaning?
I think whether the rocker arm is itself fixed or not and is either moving with
the wires or merely guiding them along could be quite a difference in swing arm
movement.

You are right with the "falling" wheels, this could be a supension improvement,
since the downward movement of the swing arm is completely disconnected from the
rest of the bike.

Initially, i had a complete different idea of swing arm + rope guidance(rocker
arm) in mind. Your setup is quite a bit simpler since the strings run
horizontally, unlike my concept!
My thought was to have a leaver/handle somewhere that moves the strings around
to control leaning, but you are doing it completely by shifting bodyweight. Is
this working well?

Greetings,
DirkS

Patrick van Gompel <patrick_van_gompel@xxxxxxxxxxx> hat am 11. September 2011 um