[python] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:53:45 +0000

Hello Marcel,

I've been dithering over whether to make a tilting-trike, and if so whether to go with the Bram Smit/Henry Thomas sort of tilt, or to go for Paul Sims' solution (Greenspeed; here's a picture:
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/australia/paul/images/lean5.jpg )

In the end, I'll probably just put together a quick, simple, non-tilting trike back end, to be able to ride distances and carry freight as soon as possible, and then go back to practising with the bike rig, when I have an odd hour to spare, until it works for me. Always thought that the bike is the way to go, for me. But I have to be able to ride it, and so far -- every time I try I fall off within 30 metres max. Very frustrating.

Of course, I know that the tilting trikes act and feel just like bikes when free to tilt, but like rigid trikes when the tilt-brake is locked on, so in a sense a tilter can be ridden as either. But in the end I suppose that the bike is the pure, minimum-weight, minimum-drag original, and that's what I always wanted to go for.

Greetz,   Rh.

Hi,

Maybe the solution of Bram's Tilting Trike will do?
You can go to his site: <http://www.fastfwd.nl/>www.fastfwd.nl It has an English part . Als trike builder Henri Thomas has a lot of information. He has used the Python design for his Jetrike.
See <http://www.jetrike.com/index.html>http://www.jetrike.com/index.html
A lot of succes!

greetz