[pure-silver] Re: update on new venture into Large format

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:51:03 -0700

To make this clearer, its a drag brake to keep the bellows from extending if the camera is pointed down. The minimum drag is adjustable with the screw in the center of the lever that locks the focus rail. Try adjusting it. I don't find the rails usually need lubricating but perhaps a small amount of light oil on the bearings of the axle the focusing gears are on is good. By memory there is a spring under them.

On 4/11/2019 12:57 PM, `Richard Knoppow wrote:

   Some Speed/Crown Graphics have a brake for the rail. Its been a while but I think there is an adjusting screw either in the center of the brake lever or on the side. It should not need lubrication. I need to get my Pacemaker out of storage and refresh myself about it. I think there may be drawings at www.graflex.org

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx