[pure-silver] Re: update on new venture into Large format

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 12:57:09 -0700

Some Speed/Crown Graphics have a brake for the rail. Its been a while but I think there is an adjusting screw either in the center of the brake lever or on the side. It should not need lubrication. I need to get my Pacemaker out of storage and refresh myself about it. I think there may be drawings at www.graflex.org

On 4/11/2019 12:12 PM, Bogdan Karasek wrote:

While on the subject of lubricants, I have  a Speed Graphic... to advance the front lens standard, the long rail, that holds the standard, slides through adjacent rails on each slide.  If you've seen a Graphic, you'll see what I mean.    It takes an effort to turn the knob  that advances the lens standard rail..  Is there a lubricant I can insert into the retaining rails to  ease the sliding,

Thanks.

B.

--
Richard Knoppow