[pure-silver] Re: update on new venture into Large format

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:38:25 -0600

On 4/11/2019 1:12 PM, Bogdan Karasek wrote:

While on the subject of lubricants, I have  a Speed Graphic... to advance the front lens standard, the long rail, that holds the standard, slides through adjacent rails on each slide.  If you've seen a Graphic, you'll see what I mean.    It takes an effort to turn the knob  that advances the lens standard rail..  Is there a lubricant I can insert into the retaining rails to  ease the sliding,

The lubricant I use on camera rails (and Grafmatics and Kinematics) is Ice Wax made for bicycle chains. It drys hard and does not attract dirt.
Chauncey