[pure-silver] Re: [lens] Re: Film vs Digital- was: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:17:44 -0500

On Monday 01 January 2007 12:49, tOM Trottier wrote:
> Also
>
> http://www.wilhelm-research.com/hp/HP_International_B9180_Press_Release.pdf
>
>     Henry Wilhelm, Wilhelm Imaging Research Inc., (WIR) said, "With WIR
> Display Permanence Ratings of more than 200 years, prints made with the HP
> Photosmart Pro B9180 A3+ Photo Printer, Vivera pigment inks, and select HP
> glossy photo papers and matte fine art papers set a new benchmark for
> overall colour print permanence. When displayed framed under glass, prints
> made with the new printer, inks, and papers are among the longest-lasting
> prints in the entire 130-year history of colour photography.
>
>     "To put this achievement in perspective, displayed prints made with the
> HP B9180 and Vivera pigment inks are five times more stable than the best
> of all current traditional dye-based silver halide colour prints, Fujicolor
> Crystal Archive prints (WIR rated at 40 years) -- and more than ten times
> longer lasting than Kodak Edge Generations and Royal Generations prints
> (WIR rated at 19 years)."

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/professional/products/papers/enduraAppsGuide.pdf?id=0.2.22.14.24.26.3&lc=en

        Kodak claims 100 years on display and 200 years in dark storage.

        Now before you say why should we believe Kodak who is trying to sell
paper
why should we believe Wilhelm who is paid by the ink jet companies???

        Isn't he the same guy who chose a washless RA-4 mini-lab to test his
RA-4
papers?

        Nick