[pure-silver] Re: [lens] Re: Film vs Digital- was: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 03:44:17 -0400

On Monday, January 01, 2007 at 19:44,
Nick Zentena <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrot

> On Monday 01 January 2007 14:31, tOM Trottier wrote:
>

> > His results showed better EP2 dark storage using Konica Super
> > Stabilizer withour a wash, and fuji reported no advantage to
> > washing vs stabilizer.
>

>  How many people here believe not washing a print is a good thing?
>  Any chance
> the washless Fuji process might just work better with the consumer
> Fuji paper that it was designed for? Why choose to not test the
> standard RA-4 process?

He did test the standard RA-4 process, and others have as well.

Water isn't magic. Hypo reducer works wonders with silver prints. Selenium
toner also makes
silver more stable, and Karsh always gold toned his prints.

It's not enough to get rid of the bad stuff, it is also necessary to stabilise
and protect the image.

tOM

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.41235 W75.71345     +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle