[pure-silver] Re: [lens] Re: Film vs Digital- was: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: Kent Gibbs <kent_gibbs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 17:21:40 -0800 (PST)

  Mustn't trust anyone.  The aliens really did land at Roswell and Big Foot is
really a top secret government project to create the ultimate soldier.  The
evil multi-national computer chip makers are conspiring to brainwash everyone
who picks up a camera that film is dead.

  I've heard rumors that 'they' put a secret message in the view finder that
only the subconscious mind picks up.  It wipes the memory of film from the
users mind and instills an insatiable desire to spend lots of money on digital
products.  (The only known cure is a pint of Guinness and a fixer chaser)

(Cursed iPods, look what they're doing to the audio CD business!  And this web
thing, why can't people just go to the library?)

With tongue firmly planted in cheek, here is a link to who and what about
Wilhelm

http://www.wilhelm-research.com/about_us.html

Kent

> > >  Wilhelm is an independent researcher.  In fact the he and Kodak
> > >  are in
> > > disagreement about testing methods.  Kodak thinks his testing is
> > > too stringent.  Kodak did not fair as well as they would have
> > > liked.
> >
> >  Independent? Who pays for the research he does?
>
> Who pays for Kodak's?

    So he's no more independent then Kodak's in house research team?

    Nick