[pure-silver] Re: Grain

  • From: Sandor Mathe <sandorm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:08:09 -0500

Hmm not emulsion to emulsion!  What is the light source?  The enlarger?
Stopped down ( to make it more of a point source)?

Emulsion to emulsion should be sharper, especially with a light source
that is less than a point source.  Of course you would have to flip the
image before it goes to the image-setter for correct right-left
reproduction.

Have you compared the difference in sharpness between the two negative
orientations? (emulsion up and down)

Thanks,
Sandor

DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/13/2006 10:55 AM
Please respond to
pure-silver

PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[pure-silver] Re: Grain

Tim

My digital negatives are 11x14 or A3 size. I have no easel. The paper is
laying on an MDF board, negative emulsion-up on top, and a heavy piece of
glass on top of that.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2006-01-13 09:03, "Tim Rudman" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What size negs do you make and what sort of frame or easel do you use? I
would be very interested, it can make a significant difference.