[pure-silver] Re: Grain

  • From: Bob Randall <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:05:50 -0600

On 1/9/06 1:36 PM, "Bob Younger" <younger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That you have to make your digital images look like less
> than high quality 'analog' images to be marketable is
> ironic. (I'm not taking into account the intentional use of
> grain that many photographic artists have utilized for
> various effects.)

I don't recall using the phrase "less than high quality" anywhere in my
post. I don't equate grain with loss of quality. I don't think one process
is better than the other. One is very fast, the speed of which satisfies the
market I'm in. The question at hand has nothing to do with a debate over
silver versus digital. I want to understand the dialog you all have about
grain.

Bob