[projectaon] Re: Comment period for 1-7

  • From: Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 00:18:21 +0100

On Saturday 25 February 2012, Simon Osborne wrote:
> On 25/02/2012 15:28, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 February 2012, Simon Osborne wrote:
> >> Are we offering each sub-series as a separate download (e.g.
> >> Kai1-5, Magnakai6-12)? If not, now might be the ideal time to do
> >> that, should we opt for the first scenario.
> >
> > Does this really make sense? Who would want to download only one
> > sub- series? Has anybody ever made such a request? If not, then I
> > don't think it's worth the effort.
>
> We do have a download to get all of the books in one go. This makes
> sense for a longtime fan who has just rediscovered the site, or for
> if we re-release a lot of the books in one go. Thus, having a
> download for each sub-series might be advantageous, since we can fix
> a couple of things across each sub-series and re-release all the
> books in one go as an easy download for the fans.

The question is whether there is real demand for this or just
potentially existing demand. As software developer I'm used to question
such ideas because often something which sounds like a good idea in the
first place in the end isn't needed/used by anybody.

Therefore, I'd say unless there is real demand for this (by more than a
single person) it's not even worth spending time discussing this idea,
let alone doing it. Consequently, this will be my last message on this
particular subject. ;-) I hope I could get the rationale of my opinion
across. Of course, as common in Free Software communities, he who does
decides and not he who talks. :-)

Regards,
Ingo