[projectaon] Re: Comment period for 1-7

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 20:31:13 +0000

On 25/02/2012 15:28, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
On Saturday 25 February 2012, Simon Osborne wrote:
If we plan to revise/re-release Books 8-12 next, then we should hold
off on releasing Books 1-3. There may be the odd issue that we spot
in the Magnakai books that also affect earlier books--unlikely, but
possible.

The same argument can be made with Books 26-28 in place of Books 8-12.
We can easily make another release of Books 1-3 if we spot such an odd
issue in later books. I prefer "Release early, release often." over
"Release when everything is perfect."

Kind of, but each sub-series has its own distinct rules. I'd say it's better to be completely happy with 1-5 and release them all rather than release 1-3 with a view to maybe re-re-releasing 1-3 alongside 4 and 5 next week.

Are we offering each sub-series as a separate download (e.g. Kai1-5,
Magnakai6-12)? If not, now might be the ideal time to do that, should
we opt for the first scenario.

Does this really make sense? Who would want to download only one sub-
series? Has anybody ever made such a request? If not, then I don't think
it's worth the effort.

We do have a download to get all of the books in one go. This makes sense for a longtime fan who has just rediscovered the site, or for if we re-release a lot of the books in one go. Thus, having a download for each sub-series might be advantageous, since we can fix a couple of things across each sub-series and re-release all the books in one go as an easy download for the fans.

We would also be releasing the books in Simple and Less-simple
formats, of course. Ingo, what are the chances of getting at least
one or two of the PDFs ready for release alongside--or shortly
after--the re-releases?

The chances are good.

I am definitely looking forward to these. :-)