[projectaon] Re: Comment period for 1-7

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:24:49 +1300

On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 15:52 +0100, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
> On Saturday 25 February 2012, Jonathan Blake wrote:
> > I haven't been able to get to my own review of books 4-7, and I've
> > been finding lots of things to adjust based on our reviews of 1-3, so
> > I think we have a choice. Do we extend the comment period another
> > week to end on March 3? Or do we end the comment period for 1-3,
> > leave 4-7 for later, and go ahead with publishing 1-3? I'm leaning
> > toward the second option, publishing 1-3 now.
>
> Seconded.

I would also prefer to publish earlier rather than later. from a user
point of view it makes it seem like the project is still alive if
updates are published more often (even if they are not quite perfect) -
not everyone visits forums/mailing lists to find out why a new release
hasnt been published (or is delayed) - they just assume its dead/dying.