[projectaon] Re: Comment period for 1-7

  • From: Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 16:28:38 +0100

On Saturday 25 February 2012, Simon Osborne wrote:
> On 25/02/2012 04:46, Jonathan Blake wrote:
> > I haven't been able to get to my own review of books 4-7, and I've
> > been finding lots of things to adjust based on our reviews of 1-3,
> > so I think we have a choice. Do we extend the comment period
> > another week to end on March 3? Or do we end the comment period
> > for 1-3, leave 4-7 for later, and go ahead with publishing 1-3?
> > I'm leaning toward the second option, publishing 1-3 now.
>
> After some thought, I reckon it matters what we plan to do next. My
> take on it is this:
>
> If we plan to revise/re-release Books 8-12 next, then we should hold
> off on releasing Books 1-3. There may be the odd issue that we spot
> in the Magnakai books that also affect earlier books--unlikely, but
> possible.

The same argument can be made with Books 26-28 in place of Books 8-12.
We can easily make another release of Books 1-3 if we spot such an odd
issue in later books. I prefer "Release early, release often." over
"Release when everything is perfect."

> Are we offering each sub-series as a separate download (e.g. Kai1-5,
> Magnakai6-12)? If not, now might be the ideal time to do that, should
> we opt for the first scenario.

Does this really make sense? Who would want to download only one sub-
series? Has anybody ever made such a request? If not, then I don't think
it's worth the effort.

> We would also be releasing the books in Simple and Less-simple
> formats, of course. Ingo, what are the chances of getting at least
> one or two of the PDFs ready for release alongside--or shortly
> after--the re-releases?

The chances are good.

Regards,
Ingo