Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:57:22 +0300

Its not, you just need to learn to google and find out how things work...

I don't care how things work in a less developed screen reader like lynx if what I like to do is harder with it.

With Jaws I use to press Insert+control+Home to move the focus to the first form field, read what's there, then I keep pressing for example the letter "x" for moving to the next checkbox until I reach the one I want.

What's your point?

My point is that I don't need to press tab or down arrow to jump out that field before starting to type different hotkey letters.

It wouldn't be nice if I would need to press other hotkeys just to move out the form field, for beeing able to use some hotkeys for moving to other form fields.

You can't just press down arrow to get out of the field? Is that too hard?

Yes of course it is. One more key to press, but not this is the big problem. The big problem is that I need to be sure that the focus is on a form field, because if it is, it will type the letter in the field, instead of jumping to the desired page element, and this takes some time also.

and then you have your hot keys back...
Or up... Or if its multy line you press down a few times...?

Oh yes... and more time to lose pressing down arrow for who knows how much time.

I dunno, my web browser doesn't have many hot keys.
I mainly jump by screen, link or read by line.
I can search for  ___ to find fields...

Hmm, like I was doing 13 years ago... I hope I won't need to revert back to that oldish and unproductive way of working.

Octavian