Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:26:56 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Of course it is a big problem.

Its not, you just need to learn to google and find out how things work...

With Jaws I use to press Insert+control+Home to move the focus to the first form field, read what's there, then I keep pressing for example the letter "x" for moving to the next checkbox until I reach the one I want.

What's your point?

It wouldn't be nice if I would need to press other hotkeys just to move out the form field, for beeing able to use some hotkeys for moving to other form fields.

You can't just press down arrow to get out of the field? Is that too hard? and then you have your hot keys back...
Or up... Or if its multy line you press down a few times...?

The most activities on a web page is not inside of form fields, but outside, so that activity should be easier, so the need to press enter for turning the forms mode on is not such a big deal.

Its not, but nothing wrong with pressing down arrow to get out of a field?

And by the way, I've seen that Jaws allows to be set to start with forms mode on. I have never needed to use that setting, but it might be prefered by those who like another way of using the screen reader in a web page...

I dunno, my web browser doesn't have many hot keys.
I mainly jump by screen, link or read by line.
I can search for  ___ to find fields...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/