Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:09:44 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Its not, you just need to learn to google and find out how things work...

I don't care how things work in a less developed screen reader like lynx if what I like to do is harder with it.

Lynx is not a screenreader.
You have said this twice so it was not a typing error. It goes to show you do no research and seem to know everything about linux when it seems your primary OS is windows...

What's your point?

My point is that I don't need to press tab or down arrow to jump out that field before starting to type different hotkey letters.

How is that a big problem?

Yes of course it is. One more key to press, but not this is the big problem. The big problem is that I need to be sure that the focus is on a form field, because if it is, it will type the letter in the field, instead of jumping to the desired page element, and this takes some time also.

Well in lynx you would hear
"_______________________________________________________"

And in firefox your screenreader would probably tell you.
Thought about trying a ubuntu live cd?

and then you have your hot keys back...
Or up... Or if its multy line you press down a few times...?

Oh yes... and more time to lose pressing down arrow for who knows how much time.

Not really, its actually quite quick for me... Perhaps that is because I use braille...
I use speakup on my laptop though and haven't had any issues.

I dunno, my web browser doesn't have many hot keys.
I mainly jump by screen, link or read by line.
I can search for  ___ to find fields...

Hmm, like I was doing 13 years ago... I hope I won't need to revert back to that oldish and unproductive way of working.

I use other methods as well, but its very efficient for me. (with braille)

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>