Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:18:27 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

* The default.jkm file is an ini style file with sections for various key
maps. I think you would want to create a new section. Then copy the key

Uh... What is an ini file?

strokes from other sections into your new sections. Finally, change the
entries to what you need. I think you should then be able to go to the JAWS

Oh ok. I think I should be able to figure it out. Sounds fairly straight forwarded... :-) Perhaps I can modify it here on linux and then just find a windows box to use for testing...

Options > Basics menu and select your new mapping. If I am wrong about
that last sentence, then you would need to replace the key stroke entries
in the other sections of the file with what you need.

Thanks, will try.
Couldn't I just change the current key strokes to what I want instead of copying the section?

Thanks!

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/