Re: [PCWorks] How do I get this out of my system tray?

  • From: Hugh Vandervoort <hughv2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:28:01 -0400

You might be referring to "Smitfraud Fix", which I have used
successfully a couple of times. AFAIK, it's freeware.
Complete removal instructions for Trojan-Spy-Win32@mx:
http://www.precisesecurity.com/adware-spy/aw-tswm.htm
Like many malware removal procedures, this one requires attention to
detail, and some of the steps might not be necessary.
I have some experience with this, and it's quite time-consuming and
annoying. In some cases I have re-installed Windows to save money for
the person involved.