Re: [PCWorks] How do I get this out of my system tray?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:09:03 -0500

The "Web" area must only be there if Active Desktop is on?

For a long time I have not had any Active Desktop on/off
options.  If anyone needs it, this is a .vbs file to
disable/enable Active Desktop in one click:

Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next

Dim WSHShell, n, p, itemtype, MyBox, vbdefaultbutton
Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

[One line]p =
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktop"
[Line immediately below it]itemtype = "REG_DWORD"

n = WSHShell.RegRead (p)
errnum = Err.Number

if errnum <> 0 then

[Tab space]WSHShell.RegWrite p, 1, itemtype
End If

If n = 0 Then
[Indent a few spaces]WshShell.RegWrite p, 1, itemtype
[Indent a few spaces, one line]MyBox = MsgBox("Active Desktop
is now DISABLED", 64, "Disable Active Desktop")
[Line immediately below it]End If

If n = 1 Then
[Indent a few spaces]WshShell.Regwrite p, 0, itemtype
[Indent a few spaces, one line]MyBox = MsgBox("Active Desktop
is now ENABLED", 64, "Enable Active Desktop")
[Line immediately below it]End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

REMOVE the areas I put in brackets, they are there for notes to
be followed.
[One line]
[Line immediately below it]
[Tab space]
etc.

Paste all of that in Notepad (then remove the bracket areas),
and give it a .vbs extension.  Each time you click it AD will
be enabled or disabled.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner