-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Renewing Subscription to Norton System Works

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:45:41 -0700 (PDT)

Joyce,
I know Bob responded to you laready.  i have Enditall with XP Pro and it
works fine.  Do you have the insatll file that you first downloaded?  If
so, try taking Endit all out with Add\Remove and reinstall it.  Perhaps
when you reinstalled it before it was really still there and that is what
is making it not right.
Dave

------------------------------

From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:51:11 -0500

 I just responded to a message from Bob but want to add a bit.  As I told
him, Symantec responded and told me I needed to remove the old Norton SW
before downloading the new!  I had already done it and it appears you are
correct that it takes care of itself.  I don't see any sign of the old one

in add/remove programs and it seems to be working perfectly. I  Updated,
ran
virus scan, and one button check up.
Checkit is there where it is supposed to be.  I did hit one snag when I
tried to add GoBack.  It said I did not have enough space and to close all

applications including those on the taskbar.  I did not have anything else

running but I tried to use EnditAll, which I used to use on my Win 98SE.
It
acted like it had never been installed so I went through that process and
then it started to go in circles, wanting me to install it again.  I do
not
believe I have ever used it since getting XP Pro so maybe it does not work

on this system. I tried right click and closing stuff on the task bar but
not everything would allow me to close it.  Then I got sidetracked with a
phone call so have not tried again to install GoBack.  Has anyone on the
list tried to use EnditAll on Windows XP?  I may need to ditch that
program
if it is no longer effective.  In the meanwhile I need some tips on how to

close out all applications in order to install GoBack.  If I understand
correctly it is not lacking hard drive space? I have 12 gig of free space
on
a 40 Gig drive.
Joyce
P.S.  Rose, you are light years ahead of me in computer knowledge so KISS
please.
Oh, and I did pay extra for time to download but I think it was only 6
weeks
or so.  Probably would have been wiser to buy the disk.

David F Wooledge
Mental Health Advocate
237 Goodrich Street
Erie PA 16508-1818