-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Renewing Subscription to Norton System Works

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:25:45 -0700

I do not think the file name matters, but, you will know when you click on
it.  IF it is a problem..then just change the name back to what it was.

As for uninstalling System Works, you should, as a rule, always uninstall an
old version of a program before installing a new version.

BUT, that said.. When you go to install Systemworks, it searches for an old
version first..and then it will uninstall it and make everything work right.

So, you are good to go.

I do have a suggestion though... instead of paying Norton big bucks, I get
Norton SystemWorks, Personal Firewall, and Anti-Spam every year for FREE!
(You do need a proof of purchase of a previous product to get the rebates -
The form tell you what is acceptable, such as the CD of a previous version,
the title page of instruction book, or proof of an online purchase)

If you are lucky enough to live where there is a Best Buy.  I have done this
every year for the last 3 yrs at least.
    The morning after Thanksgiving..they have a sale.. like at 6 AM...I have
purchased the 3 above named programs.. (a special package) for $100 and get
an instant $20 off and then I get back $80 in rebates!  So, it is not
exactly free.  I have to pay sales tax on the package and the postage for
the rebate forms.  But, pretty close to free!

Now, my year with Norton is in April, but I buy it in November and then
don't install it until April.  So, I am prepared!

Have a happy.....

Rose
Las Vegas