-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Renewing Subscription to Norton System Works

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:36:41 -0500

You are so thoughtful.  Thanks for trying to help.  By the way I downloaded
Norton System Works 2005 yesterday.  It took about 6 hours!  I am on dialup.
At 5 hours it "timed out" and I had to restart but thankfully it took up
where it left off at about 85%.  It seems to be installed o.k. and I think I
have it all configured with new updates run, etc.  The firewall came with it
for free and is a separate download.  I will not be at home today so
probably get to it late this afternoon or tomorrow.  I have another
question.  I now have four icons on my desktop. Two are for the setup of
Works and the Firewall.  The other two appeared during the download and set
up.  One is a folder labeled NSW 2005 and the other looks like a WinRar icon
and is labeled NSW2005.  What do you suggest I do with all those extra
icons?  Move them into My Documents? save them to a CD? Delete them when set
up is complete on the Firewall? None of the above?
These are not shortcuts.  I don't see anything in the instructions about
what to do with these.  WinRar was very slow to respond to a right click but
I learned it is an application and has 53MB.  The folder, by resting the
pointer on it a moment says it contains checkit, goback, NAV, NSW and more
stuff and is 170MB.  Sure seems like a lot of space taken up.  And it seems
this stuff should be in C drive rather than on my desktop. (Chose desktop
because Norton recommended it).
Can you help me with this?  What to do and understanding it a bit better?
Joyce