-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Renewing Subscription to Norton System Works

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:51:11 -0500

 I just responded to a message from Bob but want to add a bit.  As I told
him, Symantec responded and told me I needed to remove the old Norton SW
before downloading the new!  I had already done it and it appears you are
correct that it takes care of itself.  I don't see any sign of the old one
in add/remove programs and it seems to be working perfectly. I  Updated, ran
virus scan, and one button check up.
Checkit is there where it is supposed to be.  I did hit one snag when I
tried to add GoBack.  It said I did not have enough space and to close all
applications including those on the taskbar.  I did not have anything else
running but I tried to use EnditAll, which I used to use on my Win 98SE.  It
acted like it had never been installed so I went through that process and
then it started to go in circles, wanting me to install it again.  I do not
believe I have ever used it since getting XP Pro so maybe it does not work
on this system. I tried right click and closing stuff on the task bar but
not everything would allow me to close it.  Then I got sidetracked with a
phone call so have not tried again to install GoBack.  Has anyone on the
list tried to use EnditAll on Windows XP?  I may need to ditch that program
if it is no longer effective.  In the meanwhile I need some tips on how to
close out all applications in order to install GoBack.  If I understand
correctly it is not lacking hard drive space? I have 12 gig of free space on
a 40 Gig drive.
Joyce
P.S.  Rose, you are light years ahead of me in computer knowledge so KISS
please.
Oh, and I did pay extra for time to download but I think it was only 6 weeks
or so.  Probably would have been wiser to buy the disk.