-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Grisoft AVGFree

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

Grisoft issued an urgent announcement about an update that was available,
asking all to imendiatly download it.  This caused thousands and thousands
to try to download the update causing the server at Grisoft to time out
for many people.  Early Friday morning it downloaded the update
automatcally for me.
Dave

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:01:33 +1200
From: "D H (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- ee.Re: Grisoft AVGFr

Thanks, ML,

Have just tried it again with success. (7pm NZ time).  Must have been a
server problem, I guess.
Cheers
Rick H