-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:42:59 -0400

Sandi,
    The answer is yes.  However (there's that darn 'however' thing AGAIN!!!)
;O}

    Unless the apps that filled up your previous install's Font folder are
the exact same apps you have installed now (same versions, too), you may be
deleting some fonts that are not duplicated in your present system.  Of
course, this means you'll lose the ones that were unique to your previous
Windows install.  To reword that a bit for clarity, if you have the same
'font providing' apps (programs that add fonts to your system when you
install them) installed now that you had in the previous Windows install, go
ahead and delete the whole batch without fear of losing anything.

    Also, you MUST take extra care that you only delete those residing in
your old C: drive folder.  I would hate to hear that you accidentally
deleted some other fonts that were attached to currently installed apps.

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"