-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:18:26 -0500

I found another list of essential fonts at ABC~All 'Bout Computers and the
original one from Nightsneak has more than the newer list.
I went to C Windows, fonts, and looked around in there a bit.  And I created
a new folder and named it Xtra fonts 10-07.  It is currently right under the
Windows fonts folder.  I have two questions right now.  One--I found a
number of fonts "on the loose" in the Windows folder and not within the
fonts folder.  Why would that be?  Should I drag them into the fonts folder?
My Windows fonts folder contains 717 fonts.  I believe I was told years ago
to get that down to about 500.
Second question--Can I drag my Xtra fonts folder to my desk top, reduce the
size of the opened Window's fonts window and work from there moving from one
folder to  the other?  And what is the difference in left click and drag as
opposed to right click and drag?
I read a post from Linda that we could right click and drag back into the
Windows fonts folder those we wanted to use and choose from the menu to
create a shortcut.  They would show up in the Windows Fonts folder but would
not load on startup.
Have I made any sense?  Can you figure out what I need to know from all this
jumbled info?  I don't see a need for saving to an external source as I have
all the disks to load these back when and if I need to do so.
They all came with Word, Works, and my card programs.
Sandi