Re: datapump export to pipe

  • From: Fuad Habash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:54:13 -0400

Let me propose an elgant way to do it. I always use it when needing to
export a db on a host with scarce storage.
I run my expdp in network mode. With this setup, I connect to db 1 on host 1
and create a link to db 2 on host 2 inside db 1. I then run expdp on host 1
using parameter 'network=link_to_db2. This causes db2 to get exported to a
file on host 1 over the network.
There are may exciting manuevers you can perform with the 'netwoek' params
while importing or exporting.
You can actually exp/imp from/to local/remote without ever needing to use a
dump file.

Hope this helps

Thank You.