Re: datapump export to pipe

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:19:38 -0500 (CDT)

> One alternative may be to use a filesystem's internal compression, perhaps
> JFS or ZFS.  For example, creating a new volume specifically for datapump
> exports, initializing it with a compression-enabled filessystem, and using
> that to store datapump exports.

The more I think about this, the more I'd like to try it.  Has anyone used
JFS compression before?  It seems that using it strictly for something like
datapump files is what it's designed for (sequential, non-updating, larger
files).

I'm not going to be able to test this for at least a few weeks...  :(

Rich