Re: datapump export to pipe

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

I'll tell you that I do not like Oracle's current licensing structure and I
think it's completely short sighted on Oracle's part. I had a discussion with
someone from Oracle about this at RMOUG about a year ago and while I don't
recall the answer he gave I do recall my impression of the answer. That
impression was "exactly how rarefied is the air in that office down there in
California?" I love Oracle, but I've had customers just get really irritated at
the licensing model that they try to cram down our throats. It may well be
licensing that will give MS the upper hand at some point in this database
battle, but who knows what willl happen in 3 years, 3 months or even 3 days
these days...

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles