RE: datapump export to pipe

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:09:31 -0700

True, but you could compress an export through a pipe, and also decompress it
through a pipe when importing.  You cannot do that with data pump.  You can
compress the metadata using datapump without buying the compression option.
You cannot compress the data.  So yes, the ability to compress the entire
output using common tools has been lost.

Ian