Re: datapump export to pipe

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:01:39 -0300

Actually, Oracle STILL PROVIDES regular export. So if you want to compress
an export, you can use the regular export.

If you have the space and time is an issue, then you have dp...

I don't think Oracle is an evil corporation that did this on purpose, I do
think that oracle is a business and as such tries to make many any way it
can.

Anyway, I hate working with compressed export files, so I am happy that it
can no longer be done with dp ^_^

cheers.
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional