[opendtv] Re: Sony U.S execs: Expect a robust holiday season

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:29:47 -0500

Let me refresh your memory about what I said:

> > And yes, modifying a DVB-T appliance for ATSC is absolutely
> > no harder than combining an ATSC appliance with digital
> > cable. I thought we already proved all this stuff a long
> > time ago. You seem to enjoy perpetuating the FUD?

Same goes for combined ATSC and DBS, of course.

So again, CE manufacturers know perfectly well how to design
systems that support different digital standards and that
combine digital standards. This is all well understood.

If CE manufacturers don't sell a particular product line in
the US, it cannot be because they don't know HOW TO. So
enough of the FUD.