[opendtv] Re: Sony U.S execs: Expect a robust holiday season

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:42:29 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

> <>Did I miss all the ads about such new ATSC devices on
> OTA TV? Surely, the broadcasters are happy to get the
> message out?? Must be my fault, what with all the ad
> skipping, eh?

If you can tell me where I can buy an LG set-top box with a
5th-generation LG ATSC demod in it -- still the only ATSC receiver to
work with a set-top antenna in my apartment -- then I will be happy to
tell broadcasters to direct people to that source.  Until such time as
you can do so, however, it would be foolish for broadcasters to tick off
their viewers and perhaps send them to competitors by advertising vaporware.

Months so far between the public demonstration of LG's 5th-generation
demod technology and the first LG 5th-generation STB to go on sale: 31
and counting.

TTFN,
Mark